Monday, September 26, 2011

Everything Explained Through Flowcharts, the movie

My book, Everything Explained Through Flowcharts, has been optioned as a film by a major Bollywood studio. If you don't know what Bollywood is, it's like Hollywood, but in Bolly.

The screenplay is in the works right now. I will admit that it's kind of difficult transforming one-color pie charts into big screen, 3-D Excite-o-Vision. Luckily I'm co-writing the film with a great Indian screenwriter I met through the AT&T customer service hotline. Here's the first page. PLEASE DO NOT LEAK THIS PAGE TO VARIETY!

EXT. POLICE PRECINCT--NIGHT
The gritty city skyline crouches in the background like a hungry animal.

GRIZZLED CAPTAIN (O.S.)
You’ve gone too far this time, Maverick!

MAVERICK (O.S.)
What can I say boss, I’m a maverick!

INT. CAPTAIN’S OFFICE--NIGHT
The Captain paces the room angrily. Maverick is sitting on a horse on top of the Captain’s desk.

GRIZZLED CAPTAIN
Reckless endangerment, destroying public property, excessive force--

MAVERICK
(gesturing to the horse)
Captain, you’re upsetting Maude.

GRIZZLED CAPTAIN
And get that damn horse off my desk!

Maverick flicks the horse’s reigns and he and Maude leap out of the captain’s closed window, shattering the glass.

GRIZZLED CAPTAIN (CONT.)
(shaking his fists)
Damn you Maverick!

No comments:

Post a Comment