Sunday, September 4, 2011

the Power of Now, Improved

I'm reading Eckhart Tolle's best-selling self help book the Power of Now, and I have to admit, it's pretty funny. However, I think I can make it better, so I'm rewriting parts of it. Here's one:

A beggar had been sitting by the side of the road for over thirty years. One day a stranger walked past and the beggar asked him for change.

The stranger said, “Sorry, I have nothing to give you. Hey, what’s that you’re sitting on?”

The beggar replied, “It’s a box made of solid gold.”

“What’s inside it?” the stranger asked.

“I don’t know, I’ve never looked.” The beggar opened the gold box and discovered that it was full of malt liquor.

I am like the stranger who has nothing to give you, but tells you to look inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment