Friday, July 29, 2011

Iconic Movie Scenes Improved: DIE HARD

INT. NAKATOMI TOWERS, OFFICE - NIGHT

Hans Gruber and Mr. Takagi sit on opposite sides of a desk. Hans slowly places a gun on the desk, his eyes locked on Mr. Takagi.

HANS GRUBER
That’s a very nice suit, Mr. Takagi. It would be a shame to ruin it.

MR. TAKAGI
It’s already kind of ruined because I’m sweating like a pig, and also your goons got some gun oil on it. Frankly, right now I’m less concerned about my suit than I am about my personal safety.

HANS GRUBER
Right, well what I’m saying is, it would be a shame to ruin that suit.

MR. TAKAGI
[blank stare]

HANS GRUBER
. . . with blood. It would be a shame to get blood all over the suit.

MR. TAKAGI
Are you threatening me?

HANS GRUBER
Yes.

MR. TAKAGI
Are you threatening to throw blood on me?

HANS GRUBER
No.

MR. TAKAGI
I’m not wearing fur. Is this some sort of protest thing? What kind of terrorists are you?

HANS GRUBER
[laughs] Who said we were terrorists?

MR. TAKAGI
[miffed] It seemed like a reasonable assumption to me.

HANS GRUBER
No, no, I’m sorry, you’re right. I see how you could make that mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment